Earlier this month at the annual AGM Reliance Jio chairman introduced JioPhone offer dubbed as “Monsoon Hungama” that allows feature phone users exchange their phone for a new JioPhone at an effective price of Rs. 501 instead of paying the full amount of Rs. 1500. Today the company has announced more details about JioPhone Monsoon Hungama Exchange Offer 2018 and also introduced a special plan for these users.
How JioPhone Monsoon Hungama Exchange Offer work
- Under the Monsoon Hungama exchange offer, Jiophone will now be available at effectively Rs 501.
- Additionally, Rs 501 is also a 100% refundable security deposit at the end of 3 years, thereby making the JioPhone effectively free.
- This Rs 501 offer can be availed instantly at the retail point, on exchanging any old 2G/3G/4G (non-VOLTE) phone.
- Customers should ensure that the old phone that is being exchanged must be in working condition and with charger.
- The old phone must be handed over to the retailer at the time of the new JioPhone purchase
- The handset must be in working condition without any damage/missing parts or broken/burnt parts and should be sold in the last 3.5 years (1 st Jan’ 2015 onwards)
- JioPhone or any CDMA or operator locked devices WILL NOT be accepted for exchange.
- Apart from Battery & Charger, no other accessories (like headphone etc.) are required for exchange.
Special Recharge Plan:
The Jio Monsoon Hungama exchange is a combined offering at effectively Rs 501 and unlimited voice and 90GB data (0.5GB data/day) over a period of 6 months, on recharge of Rs. 594 at the time of activation. Additionally, JioPhone users under the Monsoon Hungama exchange offer will get a special exchange bonus of 6GB data voucher, worth Rs. 101.
There is also separate monthly Rs. 99 plan with unlimited free voice, 0.5GB data/day and 300 SMS for 28 days. This is aimed at reducing the monthly spends of JioPhone users by nearly 50%, says the company. The JioPhone Monsoon Hungama exchange offer will be available from July 21st, you can register your interest on jio.com.