Sushma Swaraj Launches mPassport Seva App to Bring “Passport Revolution”, Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday launched a new scheme under which a person can apply for a passport from anywhere in India irrespective of the place of stay. The mobile application, mPassport Seva App, available in Android and iOS platforms that will enable applicants to apply for the passport. Also, citizens can pay and schedule appointments using mPassport Seva app.
How To Apply Passport Online Through mPassport Seva App
1. With the launch of this new scheme, applicants can now choose the Regional Passport Office (RPO) and thus the desired Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) under the RPO where they wish to submit their application irrespective of whether the present residential address specified in the application form lies within the jurisdiction of the selected RPO or not, said the release.
2. The police verification, if required for a specific passport, would be conducted at the address specified in the application form only, added the release.
3. The passport will be printed and dispatched by the RPO selected for application submission by the applicant. For example, a resident of Bhopal, who is temporarily residing in Kolkata, will now be able to apply at a PSK/POPSK under RPO, Kolkata, and does not have to travel all the way back to Bhopal to submit an application for a passport at a PSK/POPSK under RPO, Bhopal. The police verification, if necessary, would be conducted at Bhopal. RPO, Kolkata, would print and dispatch the passport at the address specified in the passport application form.
4. With the launch of the ‘mPassport Seva App‘, a person would not require access to a computer and printer to apply for a passport.
5. mPassport Seva app will support services such as new user registration; signing in to the registered user account; application form filing to apply for passport and police clearance certificate; paying for passport services; appointment scheduling; application availability status; document advisor; and fee calculator.